Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year Resolutions...
















Happy New Year!!

It’s that time of the season again to make those big exciting “to-do’s” of the New Year. I’ve never really been into making resolutions or better yet sticking to them, but this year I’m making the resolution to stick to my resolutions. J I have at least a couple that I’m pretty gung ho and way stoked about attempting this year of 2009!

First…when I was younger, I learned 3 different instruments. So...my first resolution of 2009 is to re-learn and perfect one of those instruments again. I was talking to my mom one day and she mentioned I still had my violin at her house. So, I decided that was convenient because that is the instrument I had wanted to pick back up. I’m way excited about it! The mom and I went to the music store the other day and picked up some beginner violin tunes again, so I’m ready to fly with this one! J

Second of all…over the last few years or so, I’ve picked up this love of cooking and it’s something I would love to pursue and perhaps go to school for. So, my first step towards accomplishing this was that I looked into The Art Institute of Salt Lake and their culinary program and it was $90,000 for the 4 year program. I kinda thought to myself…there goes my dream. Sadly enough, the cost of the program deterred me from considering it any further. However, I recently ran into a friend of mine that mentioned he found the Culinary Arts program at a campus close to where I live and it is the same amount of time for about $7,000. I couldn’t believe it!! So…now that the amount is a little more feasible, I’m happy to say that that is my #2 resolution. Although, the program doesn’t start until Fall 2009, I am making it my goal over the months before then to save some money for it and start some crazy cooking! I’ll keep you posted! Check back in the Fall. J

Those are just a couple of my new years resolutions. Of course, I have others that I try and work on every year like…get out of debt, lose weight, travel more, ect. But…those will come with time perhaps. J I might have to hold back on the excessive traveling for the year in order to reach my #2 goal right?

Anyway, I wish every one of you the Happiest Year and I hope there are many wonderful and exciting opportunities that maybe present themselves for you all!

7 comments:

JoyLyn said...

I love, "i'm making the resolution to stick to my resolutions." hehe. You will make a great chef! You can cook for me anytime. :)

sexychoco said...

Em, that's so cool about your resolution for school!! You can practice cooking for me any time! :) You will do great girl! You are amazing!

Staci said...

wow em, those are some GREAT goals. make sure you look into grants for school. you may qualify for some so check it out...free money...you can't pass that up.

Bubbles said...

I hope you make it Emilie! I would love to have a chef in the family. I always look forward to your cooking!!!:)

Creswell-Hyde Away said...

I love your goals! You will love cooking school and you will be great! and I love your violin playing!

Ashley said...

I am so proud of you and excited for you. I am still looking for some schools here in your price range! WAY to be proactive Em!

Sommer said...

good for you Em! You go girl!